Conducting a fire drill in shopping center in virtual reality
VR simulator for training students how to act in case of fire in buildings with massive presence of people is developed together with the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia. The student finds himself in a virtual shopping center. He needs to climb to the last floor and remember the location of emergency exits. A fire breaks out. User’s goal is to consistently perform a series of actions (right and wrong) to evacuate from the premises in time. At the end of the session, in case of failure, user analyzes his actions and can try to escape again.
- Safe training of orientation skills in the place where the fire occurred.
- Realistic spread of fire and smoke.
- Changing the plot depending on the actions.
- Interaction with objects, including a fire extinguisher.
- Automated knowledge evaluation and an even-handed approach.